There have never been so many options when it comes to watching TV. Gone are the days when cable and satellite were the only ways to catch your favorite shows. Thanks to the onset of streaming TV and greater access to broadband Internet, fans can watch live TV without the added burden of a hefty monthly bill.
Stream and Watch Live TV Online for Free
There are plenty of ways to pay for streaming TV, but it’s even better to tune in to your latest small screen addiction without having to pay a dime. Here are some of the best places to safely watch TV online for free.
- Hulu — Even though this TV streaming service has subscription options, there are plenty of television shows and events that are available for free.
- Network Websites — Most networks have their own websites where they offer full episodes of their current and past shows. Some content may require proof of a cable or satellite subscription, but many offer plenty of videos for free.
- Crackle — This free streaming service has a more limited selection of shows, but if what they’re offering tickles your fancy you’ll have access to high-quality, free online TV.
- TV.com — Find full episodes, with limited commercials, on this website that offers free access to both current and past shows.
- SideReel — SideReel is designed to help you schedule, track, and watch your favorite shows without the cost and commitment of a cable or satellite subscription.
- News Network Live Streams — If you’re a news junkie, you can stay in the know by going to a news network’s website and accessing their live stream. Remain informed about local, national, and global events simply by going online.
- StreamSports — Never miss a major play again. This website offers a complete directory to the best live streaming sports websites. With no ads and no subscriptions, this is a one-stop connection to watching your favorite team online for free.
Watch Out for Downloads
Beware of websites that offer you the chance to see content that hasn’t yet been officially released. These sites usually require you to download episodes rather than streaming them. Illegally downloaded content can get you in trouble, and downloading content from many of these sites can make your computer vulnerable to hackers, viruses, and a slew of nasty attacks.
Unless you have a subscription to a service like Hulu or Amazon Prime, avoid downloading any content to your computer, smartphone, or tablet. In addition to risking an attack, you also put your personal information in danger. Protect your identity and banking information by sticking to streaming services — even if it means waiting another month or two for your show to be available from a reputable, safe site.
Whether you’re ready to jump ship from cable and satellite or just want a way to watch TV on the go, online TV may be the answer. Try out some of the options listed here, and find the one that works best for you.