Copyright (c) 2003 University of Chicago. All rights reserved.
The Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT) is distributed subject to the following license conditions:
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
Software: Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT)
1. The "Software", below, refers to the Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT) (in either source code, or binary form and accompanying documentation). Each licensee is addressed as "you" or "Licensee."
2. The copyright holder shown above hereby grants Licensee a royalty-free nonexclusive license, subject to the limitations stated herein and U.S. Government license rights.
3. You may modify and make a copy or copies of the Software
for use within your organization, if you meet the following conditions:
a. Copies in source code must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement.
b. Copies in binary form must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the copy.
4. You may make a copy, or modify a copy or copies of the Software
or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Software,
and distribute copies outside your organization, if you meet all
of the following conditions:
a. Copies in source code must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement;
b. Copies in binary form must include the copyright notice and this Software License Agreement in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the copy;
c. Modified copies and works based on the Software must carry prominent notices stating that you changed specified portions of the Software.
5. Portions of the Software resulted from work developed under a U.S. Government contract and are subject to the following license: the Government is granted for itself and others acting on its behalf a paid-up, nonexclusive, irrevocable worldwide license in this computer software to reproduce, prepare derivative works, and perform publicly and display publicly.
6. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SOFTWARE IS SUPPLIED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER, THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, AND THEIR EMPLOYEES: (1) DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, (2) DO NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE SOFTWARE, (3) DO NOT REPRESENT THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE WOULD NOT INFRINGE PRIVATELY OWNED RIGHTS, (4) DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL FUNCTION UNINTERRUPTED, THAT IT IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER, THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, OR THEIR EMPLOYEES: BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ANY OF SAID PARTIES HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
The Software was developed at least in part by the University of Chicago, as Operator of Argonne National Laboratory (http://ndt.anl.gov:7123/).