Dream Job: What Makes You Happy? Get Paid $5,000 to Do It
Upgrade your internet and have fun online—for money!
We’re looking for an applicant to fill a unique role at our company. The title? Chief Happiness Officer (CHO). Your job? Do whatever you love to do on the internet.
You could be a social-media dance innovator, an online gaming maven, or a video-chat karaoke champion. Literally any internet activity applies! If you’re selected for the position, we’ll pay you $5,000—plus a year’s worth of internet service. Once you agree to participate, we’ll help you upgrade your internet connection (don’t worry—we’ll pay for it), and then you’ll spend a week doing fun stuff online and report back to us on how it goes.
Do you have what it takes to be our bold new CHO? Send in your application to find out.
Why are we doing this?
We at HighSpeedInternet.com love to help people find the best internet service possible. A passionate team of tech experts, we spend our days testing out internet equipment and digging through service contracts—all so we can point customers to the sweetest deals and fastest packages in their area.
We know how frustrating it is when you don’t have fast enough internet speeds. So we wanted to recruit someone to upgrade their internet service and experience how much easier it is to do what they love with a faster internet connection.
Who should apply?
Anyone who’s 18 years or older and qualified to work in the United States can apply to this prestigious C-suite (or should we say C-sweet??) opportunity. There’s no prior expertise or experience necessary, and no need for a degree or certification. Just bring your cool self and a device connected to your home Wi-Fi.
What will you do?
Our HighSpeedInternet.com team will coordinate with you to upgrade your current internet connection. Then you’ll spend one week doing whatever you wish—our only request is that you do it on your home Wi-Fi connection. You’ll take three speed tests before and after you upgrade your connection. After the week is up, you’ll let us know how your spiffy upgraded connection helped you pursue your passion.
Your executive responsibilities could include any of these activities:
- Streaming your favorite TV show or movie
- Playing online video games
- Streaming your favorite music or podcast series
- Staying fit with smart exercise equipment
- Taking an online course in something new
- Working on a creative project
- Hosting a livestream
- Posting to social media
- Shopping online
Or you could do something online that we haven’t even thought of. The choice is yours, boss!
What will you get?
First off, you get a sweet title: Chief Happiness Officer. (We’d offer you an executive parking spot, too, but we all work from home.)
Even better, you get $5,000 in exchange for a week’s worth of doing what makes you happy.
You’ll also get a stipend (up to $1,600) to cover a year’s worth of upgraded internet on us. Talk about fringe benefits, eh?
Dates and details
Applications are open from July 12, 2021, to July 30, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. MT.
Want to be the first to know about future content and dream jobs from HighSpeedInternet.com? Be sure to sign up for our newsletter below so you don’t miss out.
How to apply
If you’re 18 or older and eligible to work in the US, you can and should apply. Click below to submit your application. Good luck!
How will you know if you’re chosen?
We’ll be announcing our new Chief Happiness Officer on our social media accounts on August 2, 2021—so be sure to follow us for the announcement!
We’ll also contact the Chief Happiness Officer via email after the announcement. Our chosen CHO will have 7 days to accept or decline the job offer.
Terms and conditions
HighSpeedInternet.com Highspeed Happiness Dream Job Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is Clearlink Technologies, LLC, DBA HighSpeedInternet.com (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Promoter, or their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where you reside to apply for the Dream Job position.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THE HIGHSPEED HAPPINESS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications for the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job position; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
- The route to entry for the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job and details on how to enter are available at HighSpeedInternet.com. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on HighSpeedInternet.com’s website.
- Entries for the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job will be accepted starting on July 12, 2021 at 9:00 AM MST. The closing date for entry will be July 30th at 5:00 PM MST. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job position will be permitted.
- Highspeedinternet.com will select one (1) Dream Job Recipient (“Recipient”) from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by HighSpeedInternet.com’s employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email within seven days of the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job within seven days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by accepting the Highspeed Happiness Dream Job. The Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations on the Promoter’s behalf without the Promoter’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. The Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. The Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- The responsibilities of the Dream Job Recipient are to collaborate with HighSpeedInternet.com to upgrade their current internet connection, select an online activity to pursue during the week of the Dream Job, take a series of 3 speed tests before and after upgrading your internet connection, and to report back on the experience afterward.
- The Promoter is committed to providing equal opportunities to participate in the Dream Job to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, if the Recipient believes she/he/they need an accommodation to complete the requirements of the Dream Job because of a disability, the Promoter will provide a reasonable accommodation that would allow the Recipient to complete the requirements of the Dream Job unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- HighSpeedInternet.com shall provide the Recipient with payment for 12 months, or up to $1,600.00 USD, worth of internet costs after being selected.
- To receive payment from HighSpeedInternet.com, Recipient must submit a scan or photograph of his/her/their most recent internet bill and fill out any necessary forms as required by HighSpeedInternet.com. Recipient will receive a one time, lump sum check for 12 months of their internet costs, up to $1,600.00 USD. The one time, lump sum payment will be calculated based on Recipient’s submitted internet bill. The lump sum amount will not exceed a one time payment of $1,600.00 USD. The check will be sent to Recipient within 30 days after submitting his/her/their internet bill.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a stipend of $5,000.00 USD. The Promoter shall distribute stipend to the Recipient no earlier than 30 days following the completion of the Dream Job requirements.
- This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- No cash alternative to the Dream Job will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
22. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
23. The Promoter’s decision regarding all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
25. By applying for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Dream Job is administered by HighSpeedInternet.com and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.
Author - Peter Holslin
Peter Holslin has more than a decade of experience working as a writer and freelance journalist. He graduated with a BA in liberal arts and journalism from New York City’s The New School University in 2008 and went on to contribute to publications like Rolling Stone, VICE, BuzzFeed, and countless others. At HighSpeedInternet.com, he focuses on covering 5G, nerding out about frequency bands and virtual RAN, and producing reviews on emerging services like 5G home internet. He also writes about internet providers and packages, hotspots, VPNs, and Wi-Fi troubleshooting.