Dream Job: Earn $1,000 and Free Internet Playing Fortnite This Summer
Hero Chosen: Erick Garcia Is Streaming Fortnite Now
The response to our Fortnite dream job has been amazing! After reviewing over 5,000 applicants, we’ve found our gamer.
Congratulations to Twitch streamer Erick Garcia! We’ll pay Erick $1,000 to play 50 hours of Fortnite this summer, and he’ll get free high-speed internet for a year along with a sweet router.
Will high-speed internet supercharge his battles?
We’re all curious about how faster internet will affect Erick’s play. To answer this question, Erick will first stream a few hours of Fortnite on his current internet connection. After that, we’ll upgrade his internet connection, and he’ll test his gaming experience with faster speeds. You can follow the action on Erick’s Twitch stream.
Here’s a huge thank you to everyone who applied! We were blown away with how impressive the applicants were, and we wish we could’ve hired a whole team of gamers. Dream job or not, may your battles continue to be epic. And stay tuned for more exciting HighSpeedInternet.com competitions.
Details of the job description
- Selected candidate will play Fortnite for 50 hours at $20 per hour, totalling $1,000.
- They must be over 18 years old.
- They must be authorized to work in the USA.
- They will play Fortnite on a console or PC that they already own.
- They must also test their current internet speed with the HighSpeedInternet.com speed test and submit their test results when applying.
- They must also provide their full name, address, Twitch handle, contact details (email and phone number), resume, and what type of console or PC they own.
- They must report to us on how the gaming experience was with their original internet versus with their new internet.
- The total prize includes the following:
- $1,000 in wages (50 hours of gaming at $20 per hour)
- A new modem/router combo, depending on what internet is available in their area and suggested equipment, similar to the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 Modem Router combo ($200 value)
- A new gaming router, similar to the NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 ($500 value)
- 1 year of free high-speed internet service (up to $120 per month) with the winner’s Internet Service Provider of choice (up to $1,440 total value). No cash value/not transferable.
- Up to $30 for the Fortnite game or any gaming additions needed.
- Total prize: up to almost $3,000 in value
- The winner must livestream the 50 hours of playing Fortnite on Twitch.
- Application closing date: Friday, May 31, 2019
- Date winner selected: Friday, June 7, 2019
HighSpeedInternet.com Gaming Dream Job Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is HighSpeedInternet.com whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of HighSpeedInternet.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via HighSpeedInternet.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on HighSpeedInternet.com’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that HighSpeedInternet.com can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be May 31, 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days at the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 10 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner specifically acknowledges that the prize package shall be provided and fulfilled by HighSpeedInternet.com, and that the contest is in no way affiliated with Fortnite, People Can Fly, or Epic Games.
- HighSpeedInternet.com will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive the prize either mailed or hand-delivered to the winner.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and HighSpeedInternet.com reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- HighSpeedInternet.com will provide a modem, router, and high-speed internet for one year, and a check for $1,000. Internet service is subject to availability.
- The selected winner must complete a report about their experience gaming prior to and after receiving the internet upgrade in order to be paid $1,000 income.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
HighSpeedInternet.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
After graduating with a degree in English from the University of Utah, Kristin learned to geek speak while working as a technical recruiter, interviewing software developers and tech companies in the Pacific Northwest. Over the past 20 years, she has created award-winning content for technology, health, and finance companies, eventually bringing her talent to HighSpeedInternet.com where she writes unbiased reviews of internet providers and tech products. Her work has been featured in the New York Post, PC Magazine, Forbes, Business Insider, Space.com, and Fox News. You can contact her at email@example.com.